Beate Frommelt

Beate Frommelt
info@beatefrommelt.ch

Born in 1973 in Liechtenstein

Lives and works in London and Zurich

Her work has been shown at The Wellcome Collection, London, SPACE:Gallery, London, Goethe Institute, Washington DC and others


I am interested in the various states of consciousness between being awake, dreaming, sleeping and unconsciousness.

Drawing serves as a starting point of my work and research. I realised that within the medium of drawing I could find a lot of the issues I am dealing with.
The mental state when making drawings is most commonly one of total absorption, a withdrawing and removal of attention from anything other than the drawing; the sense of draw, meaning to extract. The world is reduced to a piece of paper and becomes a depository of thought.

Projection onto snow

Column, projection

False Eyes, ink on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment