Frauke Materlik

Frauke Materlik
frauke_materlik@hotmail.com
aspinternationalresidency2009.blogspot.com

Germany, Norway, Denmark

My work consists of three-dimensional constructions and photography. I create environments functioning as frames for my performances, yet the constructions also can stand alone. I refer to them as dreamscapes. Fictional landscapes part-way between materiality and immateriality. Earlier trained as landscape architect, I see my artwork as communicating and intervening with its surroundings. Usually I start with building models of wood or fibreglass to work out dimensions, angles, shadow and light. I see my work being paintings in a space, as three-dimensional still-lifes. Dissolving and blurring the boundaries between reality and fiction, between the inside and outside.





No comments:

Post a Comment