Heather McReynolds

Heather McReynolds
heathermcr@gmail.com

Currently lives and works in London
Home: Florence, Italy and Woods Hole, MA

I am interested in how the mind sees and how the hand paints, how images are selected from the surrounding world and from memories, and how these fragments coalesce and collide and form new “things”. Scrambled categories and shifting viewpoints suggest a different kind of visual attention, a wide-open field of awareness. Negotiating form through material requires that I follow the logic of the paint, sometimes battling with the materials before the elusive image emerges. I often use previous paintings as a starting point, over painting and revealing selective passages that in turn suggest a new structure. I cannot presume to know the form before making the painting but I can try to be on hand when the barriers lift.



No comments:

Post a Comment